Seouled Out

The Seoul episode is behind me now. Things went 90% as planned. There were hiccups here and there, but I think I did a pretty good job at planning the whole trip. Sometimes, there was fear in me. What if Bee Won Guesthouse suddenly did not have a room for me? What if Tour DMZ and Nami forgot my reservations? I know, for the slightest mistake that I do, I would be reprimanded, not through physical beating, but endless audio abuse that I have to bear. True enough, I can't remember a single day in that 6 days that I did not get scolding and nagging and complaints.

"What? I came all the way to see this tunnel?"

"The museum is boring."

"What? I traveled all the way by bus just to see this fortress?"

For the first few days, I just tried to bear it like I have for all these years. But as days went by, I wanted to retaliate. In the end, I chose to keep silent when pissed off. Somehow, this overshadowed the fun that I supposedly had in the trip.  Of course, the weather in Seoul did not help at all. By the end of the first day, the right side of my mouth was full of ulcers. By the second day, my left side too. Too much of kimchi and everything else red spicy and grilled. By the time I came home, they were all gone!! Thank God.

I was the planner, the navigator, the treasurer, the direction asker (bear in mind, I can't speak Korean either). No wonder, coming back I just felt so exhausted. It felt like an eunuch "siu kwai ji" serving the concubine (leung leung). Anyway, it's good being back in KL.

On the good side, I tried all the Korean food I know - bibimbap, mandoo (something like the Japanese gyoza or the Chinese "jiau zi"), bulgogi, rich cake, ginseng chicken soup, spicy chicken feet, green bean pancake, grilled pork skin (yes, the skin.. and all the oil that comes with it). I think I want to take a break from Korean food for 3 months.

Other than that, I bought a lot of masks.. Like a lot with olive, pomegranate, caviar, aloe, rice, lemon, honey, pearl, green tea, sea kelp, seaweed extracts. Apparently, each of this mask brings different effects on the face. Moisturizing, nourishing, brightening, vitalizing, exfoliating, soothing, hydrating. I also bought a lot of skincare products which can last me for 1 year. I also bought some shoes and clothes.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

2 Response to "Seouled Out"

  1. U Joe says:
    2:04 am

    "Seouled Out" I'd say :)

    For 90% to go well on a planned holiday trip, that's an excellent achievement in itself. It's not easy to ensure everything goes even 80% smooth on a holiday trip, more so if you have extremely yimjim clients breathing down the back of your neck.

    My lips cracked on the second day of the 4D3N Guangzhou trip in December 2008. Split them again while having taufufa at Ding Wu Saan near Siu Hing city. Then in February 2010 my lips dried up at Zhang Jia Jie, Hunan province due to the dry cold air.

    Eunuch... Hahaha, that reminds me of the subtitles for the Justice Bao TV series in the 1990s. "Silakan Datuk minum teh." "Tolong saya Datuk!" I'm proud of you being able to be the multitasker, one-leg-kick that successfully handled all the chores and demands of the trip. After a good rest you'll be fine, up and kicking :)

  2. icefreak says:
    11:06 pm

    My client enjoyed having an eunuch. I wish I have a eunuch too :-P But prob is eunuch is "na na tei". I prefer a mucho eunuch hehe...

    I am still recuperating. Looks like I am having a long time to recover.