How fitness became an obsession
For the most part of my life, I led a sedentary lifestyle. As a kid, the most that I did was to sprint. I wasn't into competitive sports. So when I started salsa in 2009, my tummy was already bulging in front of me. I wasn't heavy, just about 50kg, but my waistline could almost match a guy.
Then the quest for fitness started. Maybe by listening "someone" telling me all the time that gym is a religion, the belief got into me and that is how my gym membership started. Just in a matter of a few months, I started to see my weight dropping. I don't really know if I can credit this to my gym membership or the things that I went through as I was severely dehydrated from all the tears. The physical pain that I put on my body to train did not seem like anything when compared to the pain I felt deep inside.
Soon enough, people around me started to notice my smaller frame. Lady Di commented on it. SuSu commented on it. A few ladies in the office commented on it. Even some guys in my company commented on it. Jo commented on it and when I told her I could see my rib cage now, she said I'm aneroxic. I can't count how many people who actually noticed. Whomever they are, I loved the comments they gave me. In fact, I became inspiration for many women and I would gladly give them advice
My work pants could no longer hold my smaller hips that I had to alter them. I love it. But at this point, I was getting a bit lazy with gym. Work and other commitments got a hold on me. The frequent holidays didn't help either as each time I had to start again all over. By now, I was no longer as rigid with my diet.
Then, I really want to end the year well. I want to see flat tummy, less cellulite (of course, the most ideal will be no cellulites at all). I bought a shorts that could not fit me by accident. My aim is to fit in that shorts which I have yet to do so.
All in all, it was a big paradigm shift from Jim to gym (pun intended).







8:28 am
You can do it. Kar yau, kar yau :)