Opening the floodgates of heaven - Part 1

Ps Pat Mesiti is really my favourite speaker of all times. I remember the last time he came, it was mid December and I was working at a contractor's firm. One of the nights, my boss asked me to stay back to rush for a tender. So I worked until about 8.30 and my boss sent my straight to church (My colleagues told me it was the first time our boss sent any worker back, anyway that is besides the point). I reached the church lobby at 9 and it was way to late for me to enter the hall, so I sat there listening to Pastor Pat preach. Even with only the screen, I felt Ps Pat speaking right to my heart. He said, "Mistake is not who you are but what you do." That was enough it make me cry because all my life, I felt like a mistake. I believed God used Ps Pat because his pronouncement healed the brokenness all along.

3 months and yonder

Ps Pat is back again!!! I told myself that this time I can't afford to miss any of the sessions. Each session, Ps Pat has different ways to convey his life changing messages with his jokes and illustrations.

Ps Pat quipped, "A DREAM from your heart without a PLAN in your head and SEED in your hand will never turn into reality."

In Gen 41, after Joseph interpreted Pharoah's dreams, he had a PLAN. And that plan is to save up 20% of the crops in the 7 years of plenty to compensate for the 7 years of famine. Guess what, that 20% became a 100%!! Ps Pat teaches us to sow in the time of famine because our seed will never look like harvest. We have to see the potential behind the seed. So with that, when it was time to give our offerings, Ps Pat did something extraordinary: he asked every individual to write our dreams into the offering envelope.

So I began, a tear or two swelled up, it suddenly came upon me that my greatest dream at this point of time is to see someone change. There is so much talents and gifts deposited inside him, but yet they are not used to its potential. It hurt me so much to see the way he is, yet I can't do anything to it. What is impossible in the eyes of men, it is possible with God. Ps Pat said that our results after sowing the seed may not be instant, but we will surely reap a harvest.

I looked behind me and there stood a person, a childhood friend, someone so close to my heart. At one point of her life, things were so tough for her that she stopped going to church. When she started coming to City Harvest, I found it hard to talk to her because she didn't open up to me (due to the complexity of our relationship). I felt burden in my heart to pray for her. Nevertheless, she came to church every week. Change comes in progression as I see her faithfully joining cell group now. Though I don't understand why other cells manage to reach out to her but not me, I am overjoyed. Yes so prayer does move the hand of God.. If it can happen to her, it can happen to my dear friend.


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Twitter
  • RSS

4 Response to "Opening the floodgates of heaven - Part 1"

  1. AmyWongJiaHui says:
    1:23 pm

    hi, yea, 'dream big'. this is what many ppl told me when i consult them on what should i do aft i grad... i can dream very big, but indeed, without a plan in our head and seeds in our hand... as what ps pat said, it will remains as a dream to be realized. so now i will "dream big and try my best to make it happen!".

    was looking at your nick in my blog... icefreak... u chose this nick because u have extra love in chewing on ice cubes? hehe ;)

  2. siewlee says:
    3:46 pm

    Very true indeed... everyone can dream, but not everyone makes their dream come true... i have a dream, i really hope it will come true someday... but i can't be sitting around and hoping without doing anything. So.. when the time is right, i will try to make it happen =)

  3. icefreak says:
    1:05 am

    Clever amy.. yep.. the nick is due to icecubes. It's quite childish though.. had it since form 1 so it sticks to me.

    Anyway Ps Pat said that our seed is money, because money represents our hard work, our livelihood. So be sure to catch that in Part 2. hehe...

    Siew Lee, perhaps now is the time for preparation. Prepare yourself in every way you can. I believe your dream can come true but it involves *ahem ahem*

  4. Johnny Ong says:
    1:31 pm

    siew lee, everyone's dream one can come true indeed provided it was part of God's plans as well. on the other hand, putting a well-drawn up plan go bring your dreams closer to u too.