Trip to Kuantan
It's my first time 1) visiting Kuantan 2) catching bus outstation alone 3) seeing a river so wide - how ulu of me. Nope. It's cos I'm too urbanised.
I was already late. Puduraya was jam-packed with eager people rushing bacj to their hometowns. I approached one of the ticket counter. "Sudah habis" was the reply I got from the cold cashier as if this was the the 1000th time she uttered the words. A million thoughts run through my mind as I franctically searched for the others. My heart pounded as I approached the last counter. " What if I can't board the bus counter today?" The abang said, "Masih ada." My heart was heaved with relief.
It was almost 6pm when I reached Xin Hui's house. Then, for the next 2 days, beaches were our main destination. During the nights, we went to Teluk Chempedak for sightseeing & feeling the breeze brushing against my skin. To my surprise, a lot of families flocked the walkway. It's definitely a better creation than walking along BB Park. Couple held hands along the sandy beaches & cuddled in each others' arms. On the second night, despite the strong winds, we managed to light up the Japanese lantern. That's a lot of satisfaction in that!
During the day, we woke up early to have daily devotion at the beach - again at Teluk Chempedak Mornings are usually quiet with the sound of waves unfolding themselves. I never saw sunrise that day but I marveled at God's creation. It was certainly refreshing. By the time we reached Pantai Balok, it was almost 10am. The sun was already at her best shining every particle of light she could possibly emit. We played at the sea for a while, still conscious of the presence of the sun. Then, for the rest of the day, we ate so much! 1pm was our lunch & 3pm was our tea break. Probably due to that, we felt so sleepy that we slept for 2 hours after going to the salon.
On the last day, it was light & easy. My journey back to KL reminded me of Paul's Damascus Road Conversion with extra luggage consisting of ikan masin & cassava strips - that's what Kuantan is famous for! I thank God for the gift of reading in the bus. Once in a while, when the journeys got rough, I felt dizzy but for the rest of it, my eyes were glued to Harvest Times.







0 Response to "Trip to Kuantan"
Post a Comment